Sunday, December 27, 2009

The lead up to Christmas

I've been MIA for a few days. I have thought about this site though because whenever anything interesting happened I immediately thought "I could blog that"!!!!

There may be quite a few blogs over the next few days while I remember everything that happened over the Christmas period.

Mum and Dad arrived last Monday, in time for them to come with me to pick up Monique from daycare. I was signing her out while mum and dad went in to get her. I heard mum say "Monique" and then I heard a very excited "Grandma!" and then "Grandad!". She was so pleased to see them.

We all went to Cockburn Gateway on Tuesday. Mum caught up with an old friend (no emphasis on the OLD, Aunty Pauline, lol. Just that we've known you for years and years and years!!!!) for lunch, while Dad and I visited my cousin. Looking at the attached photo it looked like a liquid lunch :P



Then we met up with Mum and Aunty Pauline at the shops where I was given some presents to put under our tree. (Thank you for my magazine by the way)

I think Wednesday we just had a day at home. My days are all scattered at the moment and I can't remember what happened when!

Ben got home Wednesday afternoon and helped Dad wash his car. Afterwards he came inside and was about to jump in the shower when he said "I'll go shopping tomorrow night to get a present for you and Monique". It was almost 7.30pm and I had to tell him that the shops weren't open Thursday night, being Christmas Eve, and that he'd have to get going right now!!!! So him and Dad took off down the shops. It was probably the quickest shopping trip for Christmas presents ever! After they got home Ben kept saying that he didn't know what us women complained about... But he only had to shop for 2, well make that 4 as he ended up spoiling mum and dad too.

On Thursday we went for a "quick" trip to Rockingham City to get some last minute things for our Christmas Eve dinner and a couple of Secret Santa presents. The quick trip lasted about 2 or more hours. It was so busy.



I had a little chuckle to myself at the amount of dads that were shopping with their kids. Being a SAHM it's a very rare sight to see!!


Well that's the end of this post, that's enough for now I think. When I get a chance to sit on the computer for a while and type I'll have my next blog about our Christmas Eve to do.





BTW, here a photo of my $282 haircut :P

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Santa got them everything they needed.


Cass

3 comments:

  1. thanks Cass for the lovely words.... Old, old old.....lol...Your hair looks great..I hope there were some good tips in the magazine... it would have to be a nice hair cut at $282.00 I would be changing my hairdresser... catch up soon.... come over for a swim... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a quick flick through the magazine. Will have a proper look another day (when my scrapbooking room i set up)!! I stole the photo of you and mum of your facebook album too, hope you don't mind. The $282 included 2 products (shampoo & conditioner) and a treatment, as well as the cut, colour, foils, blowdry, etc. Will have to organise a time for a swim, do you get a break over the Christmas/New Year period?

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see your hair cost was all inclusive of the extra goods....I am back at work the week of the 5th Jan....except for Fridays which I work;;; What happened to your car?
    http://nannasworld-paulinerose.blogspot.com/2009_12_01_archive.html
    have had a day of blogging... didnt know you followed my nanna blog....you may enjoy the photos...xx

    ReplyDelete