Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve

After our exhausing shopping trip that took about an hour longer than it should have, we got home to put the roast pork in the oven.

We finished wrapping presents, chopped the vegies, steamed the cauliflower... and then had a little rest.

Ben got home from work around 5ish, in time to crack open a Fat Yack (a beer brewed at Matilda Bay) and sit down at the table to wait for dinner to be served!



Monique got stuck straight into the crackle, I don't blame her, it's soooo yummy!

Mum and I shared a bottle of Gralyn Late Harvest Cabernet, a favourite of ours from Gralyn Estate in Margaret River. It can only be purchased from the cellar door but our new next door neighbours gave me a bottle... they must like me :P

As soon as we sat down to eat I realised I had forgotten too cook the carrots! Oh dear... They weren't really missed, there was enough food to go around. After we'd all had enough roast pork, roast potato, roast pumpkin, cauliflower cheese and gravy, I started on dessert. Puff Pastry Pinwheels with Strawberries and Cream and they were so yummy!!!


Monique fell asleep quite quickly that night. We didn't even have time to leave any biscuits or milk/beer out for Santa!!! After she'd been in bed for about 1/2 an hour we put out all the Santa presents as well as her bike.

I think I went to bed before the Carols by Candelight on TV were finished. I have no idea what time they finished but I crashed around 11.00-11.30pm.

Next blog: Christmas Day.... Coming soon :)

Cass

2 comments:

  1. looks like you all had a good time.... love the dessert.....emm yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dessert was very yummy, and very, very easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete