Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to my sisters

Today my twin sisters turned 31
We are all getting old
Happy Birthday Tracey & Natalie


I'm guessing this was 1979 because they look so big here. When they were born Nat (left) weighed 1380g and Tracey was 990g. They were born 8 weeks early and mum had no idea that she was having twins. I can't imagine the shock of waking up after anaesthetic to be told you had not one baby, but two! Only one heartbeat was heard on the ultrasound. Technology has come a long way since then!


And this was all of us, parents, partners and children included, in August. Tracey's in the purple shirt and Nat's in the black skirt. It's so hard getting a photo of all the kids looking at the camera. I love this photo because they're all playing up and not looking.

Earliness must run in the family. I was born 5 weeks early too and I think I was around 5lb 2oz. Monique was born @ 36 weeks (3lb, 14oz), Nat's daughter was born @ 28 weeks (1lb 7oz), Tracey's sons were born @ 35 weeks (4lb 11oz) and very close to full term (6lb). We have small babies in our family too. It's hard to believe that mum and dad's biggest grandchild was only 6 pound.


Not long until Christmas now. I think I'm all organised. I got all the kid's pressies in the July toy sale when they had the no deposit layby and you didn't have to pick it up until Christmas Eve. I picked it up in October sometime and have just posted the niece & nephews presents off to Brisbane for the other side of the family.

We do need to get Secret Santa presents though... It's going to be hard because the family that we're spending Christmas night with we don't usually see very often.

Mum and dad will be here Christmas Eve so we're having a roast pork. I bought some Christmas plates, a serving tray, a table cloth and some crackers last week. I hope that's all I need. I've never hosted a Christmas dinner before! I think we've decided that Christmas morning our next door neighbours will come over for a Champagne Breakfast. That should be nice, maybe just some croissants as we're having a big lunch and dinner!

Well, another late night.... I really need to start going to bed early but it's been the only time I get a chance on the computer lately when everyone's asleep.

Cass

1 comment:

  1. emm I think I took this photo.... yes those were the days when you were all little and cute..... lol

    ReplyDelete