Thursday, November 26, 2009

You've gotta love dedication...

This morning I was awake at 4.10am. Why? I hear you ask. Well, I had heard that Bon Jovi were going to be on the American Today show at that time on Aussie TV. I hadn't decided to get up early but was woken by M so I took advantage of the situation! I tried every channel but couldn't see them on and went back to bed because I was so tired. Fast forward an hour and M again woke me asking to watch some TV. I turned the TV on and guess who was on there?  They were playing live at Rockefeller Square. I'm not sure how long they were playing or if they were interviewed but I got to see 3 songs at least. Two of them were my favourites.

Here's a YouTube video of one of them:
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE VIDEO

And a couple of photos to drool at:



Aren't they gorgeous?

Hopefully a BJ friend from over east recorded the whole show and can send me a copy on DVD. Sometimes I wish I lived in America so I could see them often. Once in my lifetime is just not enough.

I've been thinking lately that even though Jon is my favourite, Tico really should be. Afterall the songs I really like are the ones that have a good drum beat.



I have a busy day today so I really shouldn't have been up so early, but as the title says.... You've gotta love dedication!

Cass

5 comments:

  1. hehehe your blog name really does suit your obsession. We are fans over here too, well not as big as you lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can totally see why you are obsessed! I am a big fan here too but have never seen them live :( I had tickets when I was 15 but the cancelled the show here in Perth so I missed out but I figure they will be back one day, doesn't hurt to hope right?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are dedicated, not much would get me out of bed at that time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mel, I had tickets to that concert too - it was around 1996 I think. A group of us from work were going. I was so excited, and then Tico got tendonitis, they skipped their Perth concert and went on to their Brisbane one! I saw them Jan 2007 at Subi, hope they come back for the circle tour in 2011. Did you go to Carousel Hoyts the other week to watch their documentary? I didn't have anyone to go with - all my BJ friends live over east.

    Not much gets me up at that time either Tinkster,it just happened that I was awake and knew it was on. I'm getting a bit tired no though! No way am I used to early starts.

    ReplyDelete