Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I love it when they're laughing...

...but hate it when they're fighting.


Cousins that is! I'm looking after my niece tonight while my husband (B) and my sister (N) go and watch Amon Amarth. They are a Viking Heavy Metal Band who are playing in Perth tonight. B was asked a couple of nights ago if he'd like to go with N. He had no idea who they were but I hope he enjoys himself.

We had to go to the city today so N could find an Amon Amarth t-shirt to wear to the concert. She already has one but left her bag of clothes at her house before driving up to see us yesterday, DOH! So off to Perth we went at around 9.30am this morning. It was a very hot day today but we traipsed all over town (all sunscreened up) looking for the shirt. The last shop on our list (Joynt Venture) had the last shirt in Perth, I'm sure of it! We found 78 Records who didn't have any of their shirts but out of curiousity I asked if they had the new Bon Jovi DVD that was released today. I wasn't getting my hopes up because of all the hassles I had trying to buy the new album, but according to their computer they had some in stock. The guy went to look, came back, checked the computer, went to look, came back again, checked the computer, went to look, and came back with the DVD. It's currently sitting in our spare room with all my sisters gear calling my name! If I watch it now will she ever know?? hahahaha - No I couldn't do that, I can wait a few more days. A few tantrums, a trip to Harbourtown and a Gloria Jean's Cookies n Cream Chiller (at 500 calories OMG!!!) later we decided to drive back home. Both girls decided to sleep on the way home. Aaah, peace at last.


I told N that they'd probably be the only 2 at the concert so she'd be able to meet and greet the band... I think she liked that idea but wasn't sure that would be the case. How many viking metal fans are there in Perth?


We took B & N to the train station around 2 hours ago. We figured it would be easier for them to do that so they could have a few drinks at the concert. Although I'm not getting 2 kids and myself loaded into the car around midnight to go and get them from the station - so a taxi will have to do!

M is recovering well from her tonsillectomy. Back to kindy gym tomorrow. I'm glad to be getting out of the house, 2 weeks stuck at home while she recovered was not all that fun. Food is going down a lot easier - no massive tonsils getting in the way now!  Hopefully she'll start trying different foods soon.



Well that's my day (I think), not too exciting but long and tiring. I hope I didn't bore you too much.


Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment