Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catch up... #2

Monique started kindy in February. She goes two days a week. As far as I gather she enjoys it. Her friend Chloe from daycare is in the same class as her and they tended to stick together for the first couple of weeks. During the Easter holidays she kept talking about another girl named Portia and wanting Portia to come to her birthday party. Each day that she has kindy we get home and she does a role play thing. It seems she's pretending to be the teacher and telling the kids what to do. I'm sure the teacher isn't as bossy as Monique plays out though!!

I was called into the teacher's office a couple of weeks ago after M & C got into an argument over a library book. Neither of them wanted to let go so the book ended up getting a big rip in it and they both spent a bit of time in the time-out area.

The teacher also suggested that Monique be referred to a speach therapist. None of us really realised that she had a problem with her speech. Apparently it's not major and could just be her rate of development but the waiting list to see someone is 24 months so at least she's on the book in case we do need it.

The same week she started kindy I found a gymnastics club in Rockingham to take her too. She enjoys doing the forward rolls, hanging on the bar (she can pretty much do a chin-up), and walking on the beam. It's a bit hard to keep her waiting in line and joining in the with other kids and I think it's because I also take her to a kindy gym at the YMCA that isn't structured. So she gets to run amok at that one and just assumes she can do the same at gymnastics. Give her time and she'll be right I reckon!!

Well I think that's enough for #2. Next time I'll update with Monique's 4th birthday party.

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment